Sodium Carbomer - Preneutralized Carbomer
Sodium Carbomer - Preneutralized CarbomerCAS No. 73298-57-4, 9003-04-07
- Low dusting powder for superior handling
- Quick dispersion
- Simplifies the production process
- pH is constant during the production process
- The viscosity of finished products can be modified
- Can tolerate a 70:30 water/alcohol blend
- Sodium Carbomer does not require any pre-dispersion as it thickens the formulation as soon as it is sprinkled into the water or a water/alcohol blend giving a clear viscous gel.
- Slow addition of the powder avoids the formation of lumps and guarantees quick thickening.
- During preparation of emulsions, Sodium Carbomer can be dispersed into the oil or the water phase before the emulsification step.
- It can also be sprinkled directly into the emulsion, stirring until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- The pH achieved at 0.5% in water is around 7. If a lower pH is required, small adjustments are possible by adding acids (e.g. citric acid or lactic acid). High amounts of acid should be avoided because of the formation of salts that negatively affect the viscosity.
- The addition of water soluble UV absorbers can help prevent polymer degradation caused by UV radiation (which can cause a loss of viscosity).
- Hand Sanitizers
- Eye Gels
- Body Washes
- Creams and Lotions
Recommended Usage Rate: 0.2 - 0.5%
Appearance: White Powder
Bulk density (g/cm3): 0.0 - 0.45
Product: PNC 400
Country of Origin:USA
Storage: Keep dry, store at room temperature
Shelf Life: Minimum 24 months, properly stored
INCI: Sodium Carbomer
Shipping Information: HS Code 3906909000
Here you will find Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Technical Data Sheets. The files are in PDF format. To access a file, click on the relevant button or the file name. For your convenience, it will open up in a new browser window.
Please note: You must have Acrobat Reader to view the files listed here. If necessary, the Acrobat Reader link will directed you to a page where it can be downloaded.
|Sodium Carbomer SDS
|Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
|Sodium Carbomer SDS