Delays the appearance of skin aging by decades!
Aging skin tends to lose its look of youthful resilience and elasticity. Skin aging is the number one cosmetic concern. Scientific data show that skin layers thin and the concentration of proteins such as collagen decreases.
In response, DSM has developed a carefully purified, standardized plant bioactive made exclusively from Navarra Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’. Its unique mechanism of action helps reduce visible signs of the naturally occurring cellular aging process known as senescence, delaying the appearance of skin aging by decades.
Autophagy: an essential biochemical housekeeping process
Autophagy is the key process by which cellular waste is removed or recycled. The process starts with the formation of double membrane structures (phagophores). The phagophores then close and form autophagosomes, which sequester damaged cell components. Each autophagosome fuses with a lysosome to form an autolysosome, in which waste matter is degraded by lysosomal enzymes into amino acids, fatty acids, sugars, and nucleotides.
These newly formed molecules are now liberated from the autolysosome and can be used for the neo-synthesis of functional biomolecules and for the generation of ATP (improved energy supply).
Exceptional high quality Asparagus from Navarra, northern Spain
The Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’ for DSM’s age-defying new ingredient is exclusively cultivated in Navarra, northern Spain. Conditions here are optimal for asparagus growing, with incredibly fertile soil composed of clayish loam, having a slightly elevated pH and a high organic content. Navarra also has the ideal spring climate for asparagus growing, with cold nights below 12°C and warmer days.
Asparagus cultivation is particularly labor intensive. In Navarra harvesting is carried out manually before sunrise to preserve the quality of the product and ensure it can be delivered fresh the same day. And around 340 physicochemical analyses are routinely performed each season, ensuring that Navarra asparagus remains among the most exquisite available and superior to almost any other variety in the world. Navarra Asparagus officinalis 'Grolim' contains particularly high quantities of saponins, with Dioscin and Yamoscin, as major components. Saponins are known to be positive modulators of autophagy.
Extended studies have confirmed that Navarra Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’ extract significantly combats two major signs of skin aging by giving the skin a firmer, thicker appearance. Consequently, Navarra Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’ extract can leave skin looking rejuvenated.
- Helps stimulate the skin's own autophagy capabilities, slowing the process of cellular senescence*
- In vivo significantly improves collagen density and dermis thickness
- Ex vivo almost completely protected donor skin against signs of sunburn caused by exposure to UV radiation
- Made specifically from Navarra Asparagus officinalis ‘Grolim’, which has a particularly high active molecule content
* in vitro immunofluorescent detection of LC3 protein (key autophagic marker) in fibroblasts in monolayer culture.
- Raw material approved by ECOCERT GREENLIFE, conforms to the ECOCERT Natural and Organic Cosmetics Standard
- Boosts skin’s innate strength to delay cellular aging by decades
- Stimulates skin’s detoxifying processes, independently of age
- Provides an overall skin rejuvenation effect
- Skin aging prevention for 25+
- Rejuvenating intense care for 40+
- Multifunctional beauty care products, such as BB or CC
- REGUŽ-SCENCE can be processed warm (< 80°C/176°F) or cold, and during the cooling phase.
- REGU-SCENCE should be incorporated in the the aqueous phase of a cosmetic formulation or can be added directly to the final formulation
- REGU-SCENCE is stable in the pH-range of 3.0 to 8.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-3%
Appearance: Dark yellow to pale brown transparent to slightly turbid liquid
Solubility: Water Soluble
pH: 4.0 - 5.5
Preservative: Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate and Gluconolactone
Country of Origin: Switzerland
Storage: REGUŽ-SCENCE should be stored in the original sealed containers protected from light in a clean and cool place at room temperature between 15° and 25°C (59° - 77°F). In order to avoid secondary microbial contamination after opening, containers should be handled with special care. Once opened, contents should be used quickly.
INCI: Asparagus Officinalis Stem Extract
This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
Here you will find Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Technical Data Sheets. The files are in PDF format. To access a file, click on the relevant button or the file name. For your convenience, it will open up in a new browser window.
Please note: You must have Acrobat Reader to view the files listed here. If necessary, the Acrobat Reader link will directed you to a page where it can be downloaded.
|REGUŽ-SCENCE Product Data Sheet
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)