EYEDELINE™ marine ingredient
CAS No. Mixture
EYEDELINE™ marine ingredient is a new cosmetic active which provides complete care of the eye contour area by reducing fluid extravasation and increasing the degradation of bilirubin. It also boosts collagen and elastin synthesis and decreases the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs), for a brighter and younger look. It is part of Lipotec's new BIOINTEC™ blue biotechnology line of biotechnological ingredients. Isolated from a natually-occuring marine microorganism (E. crustaceum) isolated in Playa Paraiso, Tenerife Island in Spain, it is produced through biotechnology, so there is no harvesting or extracting from nature.
The look of the eyes transmits beauty and attractiveness and it is essential in interpersonal communication. As we age, the delicate skin around the eyes becomes even thinner and therefore more susceptible to age-related changes. Eye puffiness appears due to liquid retention as a consequence of higher permeability of blood vessels, which when added to bilirubin accumulation (from hemoglobin breakdown) induces vascular pigmentation and therefore dark circles. In addition, the deterioration of skin support proteins, like collagen and elastin, contributes to an increased visibility of such signs, besides the development of wrinkles.
EyedelineTM marine ingredient provides complete care around the eyes acting by addressing all of these issues.
In Vivo Test on Volunteers
- A panel of 21 females (22-65 years old) with dark circles applies a placebo cream on one side of the eye contour area, and a cream with 1% EYEDELINETM marine ingredient on the other side, twice a day for 28 days. The vascular component (red color) of dark circles was then calculated from high resolution photographs taken under cross polarized light.
- The active ingredient reduced the vascular component of dark circles by 1.5%, and was 35.7% more effective than the placebo.
- A group of 20 female subjects (aged 41-66) showing eyebags used a cream with 4% EYEDELINETM marine ingredient on half of the face around the eye and a placebo cream on the other half, twice a day, for 28 days. Fringe projection technique was used to evaluate the eyebags volume. The results were already evident after 14 days, reducing them by 8.2% after 28 days.
- A panel of 18 females (40-54 years old) applied a placebo cream or a cream with 2% EYEDELINETM marine ingredient on crow's feet wrinkles of one eye or the other, twice a day and for 14 days. Measurement of in vivo skin topometry of crow's feet was performed by fringe projections. EYEDELINETM provided a general smoothing effect by reducing roughness by 9.0%, mean wrinkle depth by 8.75% and Maximum wrinkle depth by 9.8%.
- Decreases vascular permeability to ameliorate eyebags and dark circles
- Enhances bilirubin degradation to reduce the vascular pigmentation that causes dark coloration under the eyes
- Promotes the production of type I collagen and elastin by dermal fibroblasts
- Diminishes glycation of collagen to maintain strength and elasticity of the dermis
- In vivo, it improves the appearance of all signs of aging in the eye contour area, including dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles
EYEDELINE™ marine ingredient can be used in any cosmetic formulation designed for use around the eyes.
- Add in the aqueous phase of the formulation, in the final step of the manufacturing process
- In the case of emulsions, add once the emulsion has formed
- Insure the temperature of any formulation is less than 40°C (104°F)
- pH of the final formulation should be between 4.0 and 7.0
Please refer to MSDS/Technical Data Tab for more information from Lipotec on this ingredient!
Recommended Usage Rate: 1 - 4%
Appearance: Colorless to yellow transparent solution
Active content: Contains 0.11% plankton extract
Solubility: Soluble in water, alcohols and glycols.
Country of Origin: Spain
Preserved with: Preservative free
Long Term Storage: Store in a clean, cool and dark place.
Shelf Life: 12 months from date of purchase
INCI: Butylene Glycol, Water, Plankton Extract
Do not directly apply onto your skin. This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Shipping Information: HS Code 1302190100
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure, or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
Here you will find Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Technical Data Sheets. The files are in PDF format. To access a file, click on the relevant button or the file name. For your convenience, it will open up in a new browser window.
Please note: You must have Acrobat Reader to view the files listed here. If necessary, the Acrobat Reader link will directed you to a page where it can be downloaded.
|Eyedeline™ Technical Presentation
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)