CellynkageTM marine ingredient
CAS #7732-18-5, 100843-69-4, 504-63-2, 26264-14-2
Menopause brings many dramatic changes to our skin with increased dryness, thinness, and roughness, as well as a reduction in elasticity and a decline in extracellular matrix proteins like collagen, leading to wrinkles, age spots, and a less uniform complexion. These changes come from a reduction in intercellular communication due to a reduction in hormones like estrogen, and aging.
CellynkageTMmarine ingredient is an exopolysaccharide (polymer of high molecular weight) sourced from Halomonas eurihalina, a microorganism found in a salt marsh in Spain, that helps rejuvenate mature skin by enhancing the direct communication among keratinocytes, and between keratinocytes and fibroblasts, and the signalling exchange between dermal and epidermal cells.
Keratinocytes or skin cells communicate through gap junctions, which connect two cells to allow molecules like ions and small molecules to pass between them. These gap junctions are composed of two hemichannels, or connexons, which are composed of six connexin (Cx) molecules. Gap junction intercellular communication (GJIC) is essential for differentiation, cell growth, and homeostasis. A reduction in these connexins, due in part to a reduction in hormones like estrogen, leads to decreased skin homeostasis, resulting in the changes seen at menopause. The skin’s ability to function properly decreases as the cells become less connected.
- An in vitro study on 54 year old skin showed application of 2% CellynkageTMrestored gene connexin expression to similar values as 39 year old skin. Another in vitro study demonstrated increased connexin proteins through the different layers of the epidermis and increased connexin protein expression comparable to non-menopausal skin.
- An in vitro study using 5% CellynkageTM demonstrated expanded communication between cells through the gap functions, while another showed an up-regulation of genes responsible for the extracellular matrix and a decrease in the genes responsible for its degradation.
- An in vivo study conducted with twenty women aged 50 to 60 asked them to use a control or cream with 2% CellynkageTMtwice a day for 56 days. The results showed an increase in collagen density by 2.4% and an increase in epidermal thickness by 15%. The microrelief structure of skin was measured at 113% as measured by microscopic images of the stratum corneum, and improved uniformity of 7.9% was measured by analysis of digital photographs.
- Rejuvenates mature skin Increase in skin’s smoothness
- Increase in collagen density and improvement in the extracellular matrix
- Increase in epidermal thickness, resulting in the decrease in appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increase in skin’s organization, leading to a more uniform complexion
- Cosmetic products for menopausal skin, including
- anti-aging lotions
- facial sera
- eye creams
- body care products
- CellynkageTMmarine ingredient can be added to the aqueous phase of product or emulsions at 40°C (104°F) or lower.
- Recommended pH range for formulations should be between 5.0 and 8.5
Recommended Usage Rate: 2%
Appearance: Colorless to light yellow translucent solution
Solubility: Water Soluble
Specific Gravity: 0.98 - 1.08
Raw Material Preserved with: No preservatives; high propanediol content
Country of Origin: Spain
Storage: Clean, cool and dark place.
Shelf Life: If stored as recommended, 18 months
INCI: Propanediol, Water, Saccharide Isomerate
Shipping Information: HS#
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
Here you will find Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Technical Data Sheets. The files are in PDF format. To access a file, click on the relevant button or the file name. For your convenience, it will open up in a new browser window.
Please note: You must have Acrobat Reader to view the files listed here. If necessary, the Acrobat Reader link will directed you to a page where it can be downloaded.
|Cellynkage Marketing Presentation
|Cellynkage Technical Presentation
|Cellynkage Technical Report
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)