Sepinov EMT 10
Sepinov EMT 10
Sepinov EMT 10 Polymer is a "Hydro Swelling Droplet" (HSD) thickening emulsifier in powder form. It is simple and easy to use and enables the formulation of gel-like serums that are a snap to make! It also easily creates cold-process creams and lotions with the addition of oils and butters. It offers thickening capability over a wide pH range (3 to 10) making it useful for thickening both low and high pH systems. It is also compatible with ethanol-containing formulations and those containing AHAs and DHA.
Sepinov EMT 10 polymer is a pre-neutralized powder, dispersible in the oil or water phase in cold or hot process formulations. It is able to emulsify and stabilize formulations with up to 50% oil phase. It can also be used with other emulsifiers to improve stability and build viscosity. It is compatible with silicones, mineral oil, emollient esters like our Ester AB, fractionated coconut oil and other natural oils and butters. It is an anionic emulsifier, so it is not compatible with cationic ingredients.
- Efficient use at low levels
- No neutralization
- Can be used in hot and cold process formulations
- No clumping
Formulating with Sepinov EMT 10
- For Aqueous gels: Add Sepinov EMT 10 Polymer to the aqueous phase while agitating mechanically (stick blender, hand or stationary mixer).
- For Cream gels: Disperse Sepinov EMT 10 Polymer in the oily phase, then add water all at once while agitating mechanically.
- For Hydroalcoholic gels: Prepare the aqueous gel with Sepinov EMT 10 first, then add the solvent (alcohol) gradually with stirring.
- For Hot Process Emulsions: Disperse Sepinov EMT 10 Polymer in the pre-heated oil phase (if necessary) or in the water phase before emulsification. Mix until emulsified and continue to mix until cool.
Recommended usage level: 0.5 - 5%
Appearance: White powder
pH as supplied: 4 - 5.5 (When formulated in a 1.5% aqueous gel)
Stability: Stable between pH 3 - pH 10
HLB: Not applicable
INCI: Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer
Shipping Info: HS# 3906900000
Here you will find Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Technical Data Sheets. The files are in PDF format. To access a file, click on the relevant button or the file name. For your convenience, it will open up in a new browser window.
Please note: You must have Acrobat Reader to view the files listed here. If necessary, the Acrobat Reader link will directed you to a page where it can be downloaded.
|Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
|Sepinov EMT 10 SDS