Pepha®-Tight is a highly purified biotechnologically produced extract from the microalgae Nannochloropsis oculata combined with a well balanced fraction of polysaccharides. It functions as a skin tightener which provides immediate tightening to the skin. It has been shown to protect human fibroblasts from oxidative stress, simultaneously increasing the formation of collagen-l thereby promoting a long term tightening effect through the strengthening of the skin's connective tissue.
Pepha®-Tight can be used for all skin tightening applications including lifting products, masks, decollete treatments, gels and serums.
- Must be processed cold (<50C/122F) and incorporated in the final phase of a cosmetic formulation
- The optimal pH range for formulations containing Pepha-Tight is between 5.0 and 7.0
- Pepha®-Tight is compatible with ethanol at concentrations up to 10%
- Pepha®-Tight is an opalescent to turbid liquid, so slightly turbid liquid so it's usual to observe a slight turbidity of clouding in aqueous solutions containint this active. This doesn't influence the activity of Pepha®-Tight in a cosmetic formula.
It is beyond the scope of most manufacturer's to provide an all-inclusive list of materials that may or may not be compatible with any particular ingredient. However, Pentapharm/DSM offers some information on their actives:
Pentapharm/DSM Actives with Limited Compatibility
- Regu-Age - precipitate
- Alpaflor Gigawhite - precipitate
- Lactomide (Milk Lipids, Ceramide 3) - precipitate
- Fitobroside (Wheat Germ Extract) - precipitate
Complete Pentapharm Formulation Guidelines available on request.
Usage Rate: 1 - 5%
Appearance: Yellow to amber, opalescent to turbid, highly viscous liquid
Raw material preserved with: Phenoxyethanol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate
Solubility: Soluble in water.
Storage: Clean location, protected from light, temperature between 35° - 46°F (2°-8°C)
INCI: Algae Extract (and) Pullulan
Caution: Do not directly apply onto your skin.
This product should be added to a formulation at the recommended usage rate.
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional skin care provider.
Here you will find Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Technical Data Sheets. The files are in PDF format. To access a file, click on the relevant button or the file name. For your convenience, it will open up in a new browser window.
Please note: You must have Acrobat Reader to view the files listed here. If necessary, the Acrobat Reader link will directed you to a page where it can be downloaded.
|Pepha®-Tight Fact Sheet
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)